Friday, January 20, 2017

Tech Tip: Quote - Satoru Iwata


Satoru Iwata was the fourth president of the gaming software and hardware production company Nintendo. He is often regarded as a highly influential man in the progress of video games through his social media strategies with Iwata Asks and Nintendo Direct online content and a focus on original and quality gameplay design rather than top-of-the-line hardware, developing the popular Nintendo Wii and DS gaming devices under his direction. Even in the face of poor revenue with the Wii U and 3DS, Iwata took a cut of his own salary on two instances as an apology. He met an unfortunately early death in July 11th in 2015 at 55 years old when a bile duct tumor discovered back in June 2014 resurfaced due to it.

If you want to learn more about Iwata's life in detail and his contributions to the field of games, I'll put a link to Did You Know Gaming's special episode on the life of Satoru Iwata down below. Normally focused on gaming trivia, this video takes a more documentary style approach for what I consider one of their best episodes yet.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fantastic, Collin: thank you for giving me my "learn something new every day" moment today... and I haven't even had my coffee yet! Of course I've always heard of Nintendo, but I never knew anything about the company at all. Thank you so much for sharing this! Maybe you can do a series of quotes like this from people important in the world of gaming. You can feel free to repeat this tech tip as often as you want, trying different quote generators and styles (Canva is really cool!)... and in the end you would have a very cool collection of quote posters. Now I am going to go make some coffee and watch this video. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is very interesting! I had no idea of anything regarding Satoru Iwata before you posted this. It is always super interesting to learn things that I didn't even know before. I feel as though many of your posts have helped me to do that. I may use some of these unknown terms/ideas that you have introduced me to for a Wikipedia Trails assignment next week.

    ReplyDelete